Dear SCBC Family,
As we prepare our hearts to worship this Easter season, may we spend time in quite reflection and remembrance of God’s amazing love, mercy, and justice demonstrated and accomplished by Jesus’ complete obedience to the Father on the cross.
Scripture reading and singing cherished hymns and choruses brings to light the reality of the Cross for me. Hymns and choruses such as:
“The Old Rugged Cross” – (Stanza 3) In the old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine, A wondrous attraction for me; For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above, to bear it to dark Calvary. (chorus) So I’ll cherish the old rugged cross, Till my trophies at last I lay down; I will cling to the old rugged cross, And exchange it some day for a crown.
“Because He Lives”- (Stanza 1) God sent His Son, they called Him Jesus; He came to love, heal, and forgive; He lived and died to buy my pardon, An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives. (chorus) Because He lives, I can face tomorrow; Because He lives, all fear is gone; Because I know, He holds the future, And life is worth the living just because He lives.
“I Love You, Lord” – I love you Lord, and I lift my voice to worship You. O my soul, rejoice! Take joy, my King, in what You hear; may it be a sweet, sweet sound in Your ear.
Please be in prayer for the following:
- Joint Prayer Meeting – March 23, 7:30-9:00 pm SCBC Sanctuary. We give thanks that the Lord has blessed us with three growing congregations. Pray the Lord would give us a common vision so we would be united in our efforts to accomplish God’s purpose for SCBC. Pray that the Lord would unite us by His Spirit as we continue to seek Him together in prayer.
- Watch and Pray – 24 Hour Prayer Chain, starting March 23 at 9:00pm and ends March 24 at 9:00 pm. Pray for the Holy Spirit to lead the participants to pray according to the will of God. May He unite us in mind and spirit as we seek Him in prayer.
- Thanksgivings – We give thanks for the AGM by which we have witnessed God’s blessings and faithfulness to SCBC. We give thanks for the numerous brothers and sisters in Christ who serve selflessly each and every week. We give thanks to God for the incredible leadership teams consisting of men and women of Godly character. Indeed, we are truly blessed.
- We give thanks for Pastor Paul and his family and their faithful service at SCBC. Pray for protection over their family in their travels during their sabbatical. Pray for strengthening of family bonds as they spend time together. Pray the Lord would grant them rest and refreshment in Him. Pray He would bring them back to us safely.
- We give thanks for the Pastoral Search Committee and the answer to prayer for a Youth Pastor. Pray for Pastor William Leung and his family as they prepare to join our SCBC family. Pray for a smooth transition for their family and that they would be welcomed and supported at SCBC.
- Syrian Refugee Sponsorship – We give thanks for the “Bridges” Sunday School class facilitated by John Miller, a servant of God ministering to the Muslim community. We give thanks to God for preparing us to welcome and care for our Syrian family through better understanding of their culture. May we continue to stay informed and connected through updates by the Syrian Sponsorship Team. May we continue to pray for the team as they move forward in this endeavour. Pray they would stay focused on Christ as He leads them to accomplish the tasks at hand.
As always, I look forward to a time of prayer and fellowship together this Sunday, 8:30 am SCBC Community Room.
With thanksgiving for all of you,